Tuesday, June 20, 2006

10 Green Bills

Jan and Kevin gave us $1000 to spend on our new house. Pretty stoked. Actually pretty stoked that all 10 green bills made it home without burning a hole in Andrews back pocket!!We are thinking plaster sheeting, new floorcoverings, a shower bay, a new fridge, not all those things obviously but maybe one or half of one of those things. The list is rather endless but hey thats renovating for you.

We have bought a 3 bedroom home that needs some work. It is in a place called Dodges Ferry and has a great view of the bay. Which was the selling point!! Andrew has taken off all the architraves (unsure of spelling) so it is now rather drafty in the house. That is an understatement, bloody freezing to be exact. Lucky it is only our stopover house at the moment.
Mum and Dad's new abode is exactly 4 minutes drive away, haven't walked it yet, I am thinking 10 minutes when the tide is low and maybe 20-30 minutes around the roads.
I love their new house. It is right on the river.The water at the end of their jetty is crystal clear, so pretty. Dad wants to put a new shed in and put floor boards instead of carpet. Afew huundred other things that will be essential,lol. At least it will keep them occupied over the cold months to come.....

I got an email from a friend of mine in WA. Her little girl who is in grade 1 won Junior champion girl for years 1,2,3. A champion in the making? Maybe. Nice to hear from them all. They are taking off in their camper up north, I am a tad jealous. I feel a bit stuck at the moment.I am dreaming of running a resort on some wonderfully warm island. Actually forget the work part of it just laying on a beach doing not very much at all on a wonderfully warm island sounds better!!

I made a great big pot of chicken and veg soup tonight. Everyone ate it all up, no complaints in fact a few compliments. Cal got through 2 bowls. Can't have been too bad!
I have invoices to code so I had better do that before Cal adn Rori come back with Macka.
See ya

2 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Deanne said...

Hey Megs,

Thanks for the update! Wow, that's great you have some cash to sensibly splash on the house. Can't wait to come and have a look!

Soup sounds delish. I ate a lonely tin-for-one of minestrone soup after an outing tonight. And lots of cashew nuts, ooops. :-)

No prizes for guessing whose daughter is Junior Champion. I wonder if she has to compete in the interschools against some show-off from St Joe's? Just kidding!

Erin texted tonight, so she is still okay. :-)

Bye for now,

Dee

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I too wondered about any little fasty pasty fom St Joes.
Show off!! I'm hurt Dee I really am..lol
I wrote back to you in your blog under your second last entry - I think it was your second last entry. The one about a writing session at Gosnells.
Good to hear Erin is okay.
Bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home